Home » Introduction » How to Drive a Roundabout
How to Drive a Roundabout
- As you approach a roundabout there will be a YIELD sign and dashed yield limit line. Slow down, watch for pedestrians and bicyclists, and be prepared to stop if necessary.
- When you enter, yield to circulating traffic on the left, but do not stop if the way is clear.
- A conventional roundabout will have ONE-WAY signs mounted in the center island. They help guide traffic and indicate that you must drive to the right of the center island.
- Upon passing the street prior to your exit, turn on your right turn signal and watch for pedestrians and bicyclists as you exit.
- Left turns are completed by traveling around the central island (see map below).